SQL Server 2012 (a.k.a Denali) – New Features:
26. Preparing for 70-463 Exam : Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
25. SQL Server 2012 Certification Path
24. Use new TRY_PARSE() instead of ISNUMERIC()
23. Another reason to use THROW clause instead of RAISERROR
22. Enhanced OVER() Clause – Part 2
21. Using FullText search with FileTables in SQL Server 2012
20. New THROW statement in SQL Server 2012 (vs RAISERROR)
19. SQL Server 2012 does not support Linked Server to SQL Server 2000, workaround
18. Temp Tables are created with negative Object IDs
17. Passed 70-461 Exam : Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
16. SQL Server 2012 Upgrade – Use Upgrade Advisor
15. Issue with the new SEQUENCE feature in SQL Server 2012 and its workaround (not a bug)
14. Issue with IDENTITY property in SQL Server 2012 and its workaround (not a bug)
13. SQL Server 2012 Upgrade Technical Guide and Why Upgrade
12. New CONCAT() & FORMAT() functions
11. The Fantastic 12 of 2012
10. SQL Server 2012 – BPA
9. SET FMTONLY ON/OFF Depricated | New SPs and DMFs introduced in replacement
8. Enhanced OVER() Clause – Part 1
7. SQL Server 2012 (a.k.a Denali) – New feature | WITH RESULT SETS
5. SSMS, Surround With
4. OFFSET-FETCH Clause
3. Built-in Functions
1. New Features
Could you please help me how to handle the the space in the sheet value ( Budget Administrative Code in the following example)
‘Data Source= C:\testing Country.xlsx;
Extended Properties=”Excel 12.0″‘)…[Budget Administrative Code$];
What do mean by space in sheet value & how do you want to handle it?
Can you please explain.
how to use vb function to sql query function
str=”select * from employ”
do while rs.eof=false
for i= 1 to 6
if sex=’m’ then
update status=’male’ where empcode=’1000′
update status=’female’ where empcode=’1000′
and where empcode=1000
and where empcode=1000
I am planning to prepare for SQL 2012 certification (Business Intelligence). Could you give me some idea how to setup the lab environment to cover 40-461, 462, 463, 466 & 467.I do not have access to server machines, so it would be good if you can provide me some info about simulating the environment using my desktop machine.
Sorry @Mayank for replying so late on your comment.
You can install the Express Edition of SQL Server 2012 on your Desktop machine and start practicing for test tests.
Check this link for complete Certification Path: http://sqlwithmanoj.wordpress.com/2013/11/06/sql-server-2012-certification-path/
Ur website is having lot information.But i am new to work with sql server 2008 R2 and newly learning T-sql.. Could you please suggest me some books or some links where i can refer..
Hi @Nikki, as you said you are new to learning T-SQL, so start with the latest version of SQL Server, i.e. 2012. You can check the basic Certification book for SQL Server 2012, check this link: http://sqlwithmanoj.wordpress.com/2012/11/16/passed-70-461-exam-querying-microsoft-sql-server-2012/
For books you can refer to: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Server-2012-T-SQL-Fundamentals/dp/0735658145/ref=sr_1_3&tag=651998669-20
I am writing to explore some volunteer opportunities in SQL Server. I have been unemployed for more than a year due to some visa issues. I am trying my best to get hands-on experience in T-SQL programming or Microsoft BI field while I am unemployed. Any inputs in finding online volunteer work related to SQL. I am also preparing for Exam 70-461 and would take the exam pretty soon.
I would greatly appreciate your inputs in this regard.
@Poonam, thanks for writing to me and I really appreciate your dedication towards technology.
As far as Volunteer work is concerned I’m not aware of any, but you can dedicate your time and knowledge on answering Questions on various forums like MSDN TSQL, SQLServerCentral, StackExchange, which will also let you learn new things and clear your doubts.
Also you can start your own blog like this or volunteer by writing blog posts on beyondrelational, codeproject, etc. blogging forums.
For preparing 70-461 you can check my blog post: http://sqlwithmanoj.wordpress.com/2012/11/16/passed-70-461-exam-querying-microsoft-sql-server-2012/
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of follow-up comments via email.
This is my personal blog site.
The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of my employer. For accuracy and official reference refer to MS Books On Line and/or MSDN/TechNet.
My employer do not endorse any tools, applications, books, or concepts mentioned on the blog. I have documented my personal experience on this blog.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.
Join 389 other followers