Microsoft SQL Server 2012 released its Best Practices Analyzer (BPA) on 1st week of April and is available free for download at following [link].
-> Overview …as mentioned in the link
BPA is a diagnostic tool that performs the following functions:
1. Gathers information about a Server and a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 instance installed on that Server.
2. Determines if the configurations are set according to the recommended best practices.
3. Reports on all configurations, indicating settings that differ from recommendations.
4. Indicates potential problems in the installed instance of SQL Server.
5. Recommends solutions to potential problems.
-> System Requirements to install
- PowerShell V2.0
- Microsoft Baseline Configuration Analyzer V2.0
The download link also provides information about:
- Installation Instructions.
- And some Additional Information about its capabilities.
… stay tuned for more updates about SQL Server 2012.